Tuesday 25 January 2011

Day 2 - Recording Session with Dave Draper

As I'm writing this blog, I've got way too many thoughts floating around in my head about the direction I want to go with this E.P.  I'm just really excited for it to be heard by people.

I have had my eyes opened as to the how the whole recording process is done.  There's a lot of stuff involved not just musically but understanding how people work.  I'm just amazed at how much can be achieved with a bit of forward-thinking. 

Anyway, today was spent putting flesh on the 4 songs. 

Radar has had a level of re-structuring to it, to give it a more chilled out feel but with a driving force behind it still and we've obtained what we set out to achieve.  The next step for this one is to record the final take of the vocals.  It's got kind of a Ellie Goulding feel to it, we've still maintained it as an acoustic guitar track but have added electronic parts to it.  It sounds blooming brilliant and I'm extremely happy with it.

Harlequin has some extra gold dust sprinkled onto it and sounds so uplifting.  My Michelle Branch/Jewel/Sheryl Crow influences really show up on this track.

The afternoon was spent recording the final take guitar tracks for the 4 songs and a final take vocal track for Harlequin, which didn't really take all that long to be honest.

I've been the most chilled out I've ever been making this E.P. My initial thoughts was that it was gonna be quite stressful but it isn't, it's actually the complete opposite and I can honestly say that I'm enjoying the whole experience so much so that I don't want it to end.  I'm feeling a bit sad that tomorrow is the last day of recording tracks and finalising them.

Anyway, needs must - got another early start tomorrow.

Thanks again for reading about my experience, much love, Sarah, XXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment